RedCat Recruitment is an Agent for MIE (www.mie.co.za).
Criminal record checks in South Africa are legally required to be verified by using a set of digitally captured fingerprints. Using the AFIS (Automated Fingerprint Identification System), the fingerprints are checked electronically directly against the South African Police Services (SAPS) database.
MIE uses software provided by AFISwitch to allow you to quickly and easily capture fingerprints on SmartScreen and/or ePCV and submit them to check for a possible criminal record. The average turnaround time from AFISwitch is 2 working days.
TOP REPORT FINDINGS IN 2016
- The demand for background screening services is up 14% over the last 5 years, in South Africa and Africa.
- Most frequent CV lies include: Responsibilities, skills, titles, period of employment, companies worked at and reason for leaving.
- In 2016, 15.37% of qualifications submitted to MIE for verification had some risk associated, both minor and major discrepancies.
- The highest discrepancies were on African and Global qualifications, followed by tertiary short courses and Matric certificates issued prior to 1992.
- 17% of credit records checked in 2016 had some kind of associated risk.
- Over 5% of South Africa identity documents and 7% of drivers licences verified had associated risk.
- Of all criminal record checks conducted in 2016, 10% were found to have a criminal record.
- The types of criminal records- 29% violent crimes, 25% theft related, 16% narcotic related, 15% crimes against the state and 5% white collar crime.
- The industries with highest criminal records at applications stage were manufacturing, mining and postal/courier.
Please contact RedCat Recruitment if you would like to book criminal fingerprint bookings for your employees or on a personal level.